Happy Birthday, Alexandre Dumas, born 24 July 1802, died 5 December 1870
- Learning does not make one learned: there are those who have knowledge and those who have understanding. The first requires memory and the second philosophy.
- One’s work may be finished someday, but one’s education never.
- Infatuated, half through conceit, half through love of my art, I achieve the impossible working as no one else ever works.
- There is neither happiness nor misery in the world; there is only the comparison of one state with another, nothing more. He who has felt the deepest grief is best able to experience supreme happiness.
- There are two distinct sorts of ideas: Those that proceed from the head and those that emanate from the heart.
- In business, sir, one has no friends, only correspondents.
- Life is a storm, my young friend. You will bask in the sunlight one moment, be shattered on the rocks the next. What makes you a man is what you do when that storm comes.
- As a general rule…people ask for advice only in order not to follow it; or if they do follow it, in order to have someone to blame for giving it.
- The difference between treason and patriotism is only a matter of dates.
- There are two ways of seeing: with the body and with the soul. The body’s sight can sometimes forget, but the soul remembers forever.
- True love always makes a man better, no matter what woman inspires it.
- Your life story is a novel; and people, though they love novels bound between two yellow paper covers, are oddly suspicious of those which come to them in living vellum, even when they are gilded.
Dumas was a French writer. He is most famous for historical adventure novels, including The Count of Monte Cristo and The Three Musketeers.
Source for Image
DNA extraction with the Tweens #summerreading #fizzboomread #madaboutreading http://ift.tt/1nYmvgS
Mad science with the tweens this afternoon! #summerreading #fizzboomread #madaboutreading #dnaextraction http://ift.tt/1tH41qI
Got it? Good.
Jimmy Fallon’s “Thank You Notes” about Amazon’s Kindle Unlimited feature.
So @TheCapitolPN tweeted this
which was promptly deleted. (G-Bb-A-D are the notes to Rue’s whistle.)
But if you had clicked inspect element before it was deleted
"You silence our voices, but we are still heard."
HOW COOL IS THIS MARKETING?!?! Like the rebels are hacking into the capitol’s twitter!!!!
Day 21: Poetry
This is all I could find for today, but it really is beautiful.
BUT DO YOU REALIZE WHAT THIS MEANS
HARRY POTTER HAD SO MUCH RESPECT FOR THAT AMAZING WOMAN THAT THE MOMENT SHE WAS DISRESPECTED HE WAS FILLED WITH SUCH A POTENT RAGE HE WAS ABLE TO CAST AN UNFORGIVABLE CURSE
Any salad can be a Caesar salad if you stab it enough
Et tu, crouton?
We’re hoping the Lego Movie being awesomed on Tacos Tuesday was intentionally done by the patron because that would be pretty awesome #everythingisawesome #awesomebox #summerreading http://ift.tt/1p75uSU
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows was released seven years ago - July 21, 2007.